It’s the beginning of a new school year and you have a lot to do!
I’m a big fan of having research-based strategies and practices at hand, ready to implement when the time is right. I’m also a proponent of low cost training and resources to help school staff members do their jobs more efficiently. The resources below provide both!
Bookmark this resource guide for later use. It’s full of prevention and safety resources for your student services staff and building administrators.
- Everything you need to know about the opioid crisis
- New research on inhalant use among teens with some surprising outcomes
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Resources: Get Smart About Drugs, Just Think Twice, Operation Prevention
- National Institute of Justice Summary of School Safety Statistics, July 2017
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS)Technical Assistance Center
- School Safety Glossary
- Warning Signs of Violence
- What Schools Need to Know About Threat Assessment
- Updated resources on adolescent bullying & dating violence from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Adolescent Health
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Model Programs Guide
- National Institute of Justice Effective & Promising Programs Guide
- Crisis & Trauma Research Institute (CTRI) free 1-hour Suicide Prevention Training video
- Warning Signs of Suicide
- Suicide Prevention Tips for Parents
Have a great beginning to the school year!