Clearly, parents can play an extremely important role in school safety. However, in order for them to be as effective as possible at ensuring the safety of their children, and other children, they need the right guidance. That’s why I created a presentation specifically developed to give parents the knowledge they need.
Parents need to know what to look for and what to do. They also need to be aware of your school’s safety efforts, so they can support your work. That’s why your Parent Presentation will be unique to your school district.
It’s vitally important that parents buy into your safety efforts. By understanding what you’re doing, even things they may find somewhat inconvenient, you greatly increase their cooperation. This is an excellent way to gain their support. It also helps them provide you with the right information, because they will know what to look out for. This also makes it the perfect adjunct to my Violence Threat Assessment Training.
The Parent Presentation
Here are some of the areas that will be covered in your Parent Presentation:
- Overview of your school district’s safety practices
- Parents’ role in school safety
- Behaviors of concern/warning signs of suicide & violence
- Items of concern that you may come across
- Encouraging your child to report concerns
- What you need to do if you see or hear something of concern, from a child
- Weapons safety
For more information, without any obligation, simply use the contact form below.
I look forward to hearing from you.